The Green Dogs of Dahshur
The Dwarfs of East Agouza
⏰Bandcamp exclusive available now!
⏰Vinyl & digital available on March 27
PREORDER VINYL NOW!
The Dwarfs of East Agouza are back with « The Green Dogs of Dashur » ! Once again, the prolific American-Egyptian trio composed of Alan Bishop (Acoustic Guitar-Bass/Alto Sax), Sam Shalabi (Electric Guitar) and Maurice Louca (Organ/Synthesizers/Beats) breaks off all constraints and reveals a resolutely free album offering the listener variations of seductive melodies and unhinged improvised trance. The hot embossed metallic double-headed dog designed by the Lebanese artist Lynne Zakhour perfectly illustrates this album that blurs the boundaries of rock and jazz. A new album that will certainly delight fans of Sun City Girls or Land Of Kush.
- Recorded by Adham Zidan in Cairo (tracks A1/B1/B2 recorded November 2016, A2 recorded September 2015)
- Final mix at Break Glass studio, Montreal, Canada, December 2018 by Jace Lacek
- Mastered by Harris Newman at Grey Market Mastering
- Artwork design and Illustration by Lynne Zakhour (Studio Safar)
- Back painting by Raafat Al-Kordy
- Painting Photographed by Maha Mahmoun
Dwarfs of East Agouza:
- Alan Bishop: Acoustic Guitar-Bass/Alto Sax
- Sam Shalabi: Electric Guitar
- Maurice Louca: Organ/Synthesizers/Beats
- Limited green vinyl edition, with metallic hot-foil stamped sleeve, printed inner and download card
- Classic black vinyl edition, with metallic hot-foil stamped sleeve, printed inner and download card
Tags: Alternative Rock, Free Jazz, Experimental, Arabic, Improvisation, Noise, Sun City Girls